Celebration - creative jewellery making hen's parties, birthdays & girls day out!
Want to host a creative, memorable and fun chick event?
"You have made Wendy's hens day so memorable for us. I've been recommending my friends to Etelage the minute I got out of there." Rachel March 2012
At Etelage we offer a variety of creative #jewellery making #workshops and high tea for your special event at our Newtown jewellery school and also introducing in 2013 themed parties in the comfort of your own home.
Experience an afternoon as a jewellery designer in a fun, relaxed & friendly atmosphere. Choose from a variety of jewellery making workshops all catering for beginners & create a beautiful keepsake! Make your assemblages under the expert guidance of our tutors who have formerly worked at top end costume jewellery design houses such as Victoria Spring Designs. Tutors offer a personalised, informative & inspirational experience for every student.
We’re located on vibrant King Street Newtown, Sydney with a fusion of bars and restaurants right on our doorstep. We can help you with your hens party plans before or after your creative crafting workshop! Drop by a small bar or book lunch or dinner at one of the many restaurants & continue celebrating whilst flaunting your newly made creations.
Jewellery Making Workshop Choices: to be confirmed at time of booking
# 1 “Vintage Bits & Pieces”
Description: Experience an afternoon as a jewellery designer whilst enjoying champagne & cup cakes or tapas served on a triple tier stand. Design & create a chain pendant or earrings using vintage & modern bits & pieces from our bead nook: brass filigree, crystals, cameos, chain & stones.
Make: vintage inspired pendant or chandelier earrings
Cost: (workshop plus afternoon tea)
- $59 jewellery making workshop plus champagne & cup cakes (allow 2 hours)
- $69 jewellery making workshop plus champagne, cupcakes & tapas. (allow 2 hours)
Tutor: Christine Smalley Founder & Creative Director of Etelage (est 2002), shares her passion for artisan traditions & vintage design. She draws inspiration from 1920s deco modernist style, 1960s jet set glamour &1970s boho chic the era in which she was born. Two instructional beading DVDs later & a business nomination for business innovation (Telstra Awards 2009) Christine continues to pursue excellence in her passion for all things adorned. Christine is also a regular blogger, teacher (incl TAFE, Notebook Magazine's Craftroom & schools) & loves all things vintage.
# 2 “Illusion Choker & Earrings”
Description: Learn how to create an illusion choker with Czech glass crystal beads “floating” on wire. Also make matching earrings and enjoy your catered afternoon tea.
Select from over 20 different kit colours.
Make: crystal choker & earrings
- $49 jewellery making workshop plus champagne & cup cakes (allow 2 hours)
- $59 jewellery making workshop plus champagne, cupcakes & tapas (allow 2 hours)
Tutor: Christine Smalley
#3 “Embellished Cocktail Ring”
Description: Mould a base using polymer clay then embellish it with crystals, stones, cameos, pearls & chains to create a delicately hand set vintage inspired ring.
- $89 jewellery making workshop plus champagne & cup cakes
Time: 3 hours (nb: pieces will need to be baked at home at least 24 hours after making them)
Tutor: Raphael Mhashilkar is a former designer at Victoria Spring Jewellery. He designs & creates bespoke jewellery using a variety of vintage & found materials.
Jewellery Making Workshop Details:
- use of tools
- all materials required to hand make an item/s of jewellery
- handouts on techniques learnt
- catering (see options below)
- min 8
- max 12 (we can stretch this to 14 but it will be a squeeze at our Newtown studio)
- min 12 max 20 for Turkish banquet
Incentives: If you want to get serious with your jewellery making, tools & more luscious beads are available for purchase by all students on the day with a 10% discount.
Music: Bring along your IPOD & docking station if you would like to play music during the party.
- Etelage: (Package A)
includes cupcakes (x2 each) displayed beautifully on old world tiered racks & a glass of bubbly or juice on arrival.
- Etelage: (Package B)
as above plus tapas platter. (lebanese bread, crackers, cheese, roasted antipasti, deli meats & gourmet dips)
- Mineral water available throughout the entire workshop.
1 Make an enquiry:
Email us with your
- mobile number,
- preferred event date/s & time and (please note we also offer a public workshop programme most weekends so your first request may not be available and times are suited to late afternoons.)
- your party size. (Note: we are unable to host parties at Etelage larger than 12, 14 at a squeeze. However we can host your event at an alternative venue in Newtown)
- lock in your date with a $100 deposit (non-refundable). Please pay the balance 10 days prior to your booked event. We will email you a link for your $100 deposit or pay by direct deposit.
- confirm hens party jewellery workshop number (1, 2 or 3)
- confirm catering package(A or B)
- We’ll ask for a final head count 10 days before your event to prepare materials.Please advise us of any dietary requirements and allergies (gluten and nuts only) at the time of booking. We are able to supply yummy gluten free chocolate raspberry brownies instead of cupcakes and rice crackers.
- Please also advise if you would prefer your afternoon tea before or after your workshop.
- Arrange balance of payment.
"I heard about Etelage from a friend and it sounded ideal: an afternoon of crafting with a great location to continue our hen’s party celebration. We ended up going for the vintage package & it was really fun.” Kate
“On arrival we were welcomed with a glass of champagne. The tutor was informative & approachable; the venue made us feel at home & the variety of goodies to make suited everyone! Making the jewellery was a real icebreaker as some people didn't know each other. Thanks Etelage- we had a great day & will be recommending this to friends." Danielle
“We set about to make adorable necklaces. Sitting around the studio table, we were able to chatter & create in a really relaxed environment. Followed by a gorgeous array of sweet & savoury nibbles.” Freya