Embellished Embroidered Brooches & Necklaces Master Class
An embellished brooch is a versatile accessory for a dress, purse or jacket. Add a button, crystal, filigree charm or funky bead to create a unique piece.Making Brooches is Easier Than You Think:
- You don't have to match two alike (as with earrings).
- You also don't have to measure when making a brooch, as one size fits all.
In this workshop create 3 brooches using a combination of retro fabrics, leather & felt. Embellish with beads.
Learn to hand sew onto leather backed with felt. You are the designer. Choose from a selection of coloured felts and leathers. Embellish with Czech glass bold shapes plus delicate brass filigrees.
Optional: small embroidery beads are available if students want their work to be super embellished. (Finish at home.)
- skill level: suitable for beginners to advanced crafters.
- where? @ the Etelage studio 431 king st (off street parking in Camden and surrounding streets)
- time: weekend workshop
- cost: from $89 incl materials
- incentives: If you want to get serious with your crafting and jewellery making, tools & more luscious beads are available for purchase by all students on the day with a 10% discount.
- BYO: fabric scissors
Natalie Ness is a costumier, jewellery designer and illustrator, specializing in costume finishing techniques such as intricate beading and embroidery work. Natalie has been hand stitching for over 20 years, has a diploma in Theatre Costume and previously worked extensively in theatre, film and events. A self confessed lover of vintage clothing and 1920’s design, Natalie’s jewellery features old world methods of production, rare antique images and materials sourced from around the world. She has been making jewellery since 2003 and now operates full time on her jewellery label, Natalie Ness, in her workshop in Marrickville.