Two technique workshops are offered: specific projects which are aimed at the beginner beader or design workshops which encourage the freedom of design & confidence for the experienced jewellery maker. You can choose to make one of our many DIY projects or be inspired & create your own. (see DIY projects & inspirational designs below). The focus is on technique in both types.
Multi Strand Workshop:
You are the designer.
Learn how to:
- construct a multi strand bracelet or necklace/choker – strung or linked. Bracelet pictured available as a DIY kit.
- use end bars. Choker and Necklace available as a DIY kit.
- use spacer bars. Necklace available as a DIY kit.
- incorporate a strung beaded tassel also available as a DIY kit.
Set workshop projects or purchase as a DIY Kit if you cannot attend a class.
Rigid wire can be bent, coiled, twisted, crocheted & manipulated to form different shapes & link beads together. Wire is available in different gauges, hardness, shape, finish & colour.Learn:
When to use what Wire Gauges
Wire Techniques: (all avail as a workshop or DIY Kit)
- Wrapping beads: wire wrapped bracelet also available as a DIY kit.
- Wrapping around a frame: earrings also available as a DIY kit.
- Weaving beads: brooch is also available as a DIY Kit
- When? Tues evenings or Saturdays at Etelage store (check schedule for dates & times
- Cost: $25 plus materials for multi strand workshop & a set price for a set project for all wire workshops.
- Incentives: If you want to get serious with your jewellery making, tools & more luscious beads are available for purchase by all students on the day with a 10% discount.
Christine Smalley - Founder & Creative Director of Etelage (est 2002), shares her passion for artisan traditions & vintage design. Drawing inspiration from 1920s deco style, 1960s jet set glamour &1970s boho chic governs her artistic expression. Two instructional beading DVDs later & a business nomination for business innovation (Telstra Awards 2009) Christine continues to pursue excellence in her passion for all things adorned. Christine is also a regular blogger & teacher (incl TAFE, Notebook Magazine's Craftroom)
"These workshops far exceeded my expectations because I have picked up some new techniques and also some new ways of approaching colour and texture." Bethany
- All workshops must be paid in full at time of booking.
A $50 booking fee will be charged for any cancellations and where less than 72 hours notice is given there is no refund permitted.
Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to workshop numbers or the unforeseen absence of a tutor. You will be offered an alternative course, credit for a future workshop or a full refund.
- All materials & tools are supplied.